ESOS - Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme
Our lead assessors are able to work with you to get you ready for ESOS and so you can file your return.
With the WFT already in place it is not a complicated process so existing WFT users will have minimal workload to gain compliance.
What is ESOS ?
If a company employs 250 or more people OR employs less than 250 people but have an annual turnover in excess of €50 million and an annual balance sheet in excess of €43 million then ESOS compliance is mandatory.
The public sector are not required to participate in the scheme.
There are fines of up to £50,000 and / or an additional fine of £500 per day for not returning the required information on time.
How can we help?
Enter the fast-track to compliance by automating the process with Workplace Footprint Tracker.
Our qualified lead assessors will also work with you to file your return and maximise the opportunity presented by the scheme.
Check out our webinar series on ESOS by clicking here.
What you need to do
An existing ISO 50001 energy management certification means automatic ESOS compliance. However the Company must notify the Environment Agency that it has complied with ESOS.
Otherwise large businesses and non-profit organisations are required to account for 90% of the total energy used and must be subject to an energy audit to identify energy savings.
- Collection of workplace, transport and process energy use
- Review of property portfolio to determine number of energy surveys required
- Undertake energy audits following BRE guidelines
- Document all outcomes from surveys with recommended Energy Conservation Measures
- ESOS Assessor review, verification and sign-off
- Preparation of Submission Document and Evidence Pack including sign-off by an accredited ESOS Lead Assessor